Navigation Bar

Mrs. Baker's Dozen Image Map
















Friday, March 11, 2016

Five For Friday! Rainbow Poetry and Leprechaun Tricks!




Happy Friday everyone!!  And Happy Spring Break to meeee!  After a week of parent teacher conference chaos, I was ready for a break!




Since we will be on break during St. Patrick's Day, we celebrated it this week in class.  First, we drew diagrams of leprechaun traps and wrote steps on how to catch them.  Then we used markers and decorated small styrofoam cups to make leprechaun hats.  Take them home and put them in a 250 degree oven for a few minutes, make sure you WATCH!  They will soon shrink into teeny tiny hats that are super adorable!  You can find the instructions at Mrs. Miner's Monkey Business.  When I surprised them with the hats, I placed a few pieces of 'gold' (gold mist covered mini-oreos) on paper shamrocks.  They were in St. Paddy's Day heaven!  











I adore springtime!  It's just around the corner and I thought I'd brighten up the classroom with some rainbows!  Love the clip art from Whimsy Clips!  You can find this FREEBIE in my TPT store.  Don't forget to follow me for more free goodies!!




Loving this sunshine!  My peonies are already budding!!  




If you are NOT an artist, like moi :)  then anchor charts can make you nervous....real nervous!  I adore anchor charts, but I have to work so hard on my art/handwriting!  It can be stressful!  So I've come up with a solution.  Tape your chart paper to your smart board/presentation screen/whiteboard.  Pull up powerpoint on your computer.  Type in what you want to say (heading-wise) and insert any pics you want to use (clipart).  Trace and ta da!!!!  You have a super cute anchor chart!








We are going to KC to see Peppa Pig Live on Sunday!!!  Wish us luck, oink oink ;)  







2 comments:

  1. What a great idea using gold mist on Oreos!! I love that! And that gold food spray is not too expensive. Enjoy your spring break!! Ours in the first week of April. March is like our home s-t-r-e-c-h....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to trace your anchor charts! I have done that for various other projects but never for an anchor chart!

    Primary on the Prowl

    ReplyDelete