Navigation Bar

Mrs. Baker's Dozen Image Map
















Monday, September 7, 2015

Classroom Reveal: Burlap and Brights!!

It's two weeks since the first day of school and I'm FINALLY getting around to my classroom pictures!  Take a peek at my burlap and brights first grade room!


My writing corner!  I used my Little Writers pack and love it!  I am using the portfolio covers to make monthly writing portfolios with about four pieces of writing per month.  September will be My First Day of School, Apple Facts, and How To Make An Apple Pie.  Below is how I store students' daily work and our writing portfolios and journals.



My Word Wall!  My lucky TPT followers got this as a special freebie :)  I love the colors!
My lime green chair is THE SPOT everyone wants during Read To Self.



My classroom library.  I recovered my bench with cute striped fabric from Walmart and my outdoor rug came from Lowes.


Love my anchor chart display!!  Idea courtesy of Third Grade Gridiron! :)
We have already created apple adjectives, rainbow to 10 in math, and discussed agriculture in charter time.




Alphabet display with paper chain border!  Will definitely be using this idea again!  The alphabet was made by me, but I don't have it uploaded to TPT yet....


The students loved putting up their cupcakes on our birthday graph!  Stole this little gem from the wonderful world of Pinterest ;)


Sight Word Scoops, once a student masters a Fry Word list, they get an ice cream cone!
My desk with cute decor from Target and my DIY Chalk Paint Mason Jars.



Daily schedule laminated with adhesive magnets on the back.  Great to show at the beginning of the year, then move later on once we have got a routine down.


My classroom helpers aka Little Rays of Sunshine!  Found this cute decor from Teach Joy and Love.



Some views of my Reading Focus Wall.  The top pennant banner is from Teach Joy and Love.  I created all the rest with bird clip art and burlap papers.  Love how it keeps me on track with our new reading series, Journeys!


Thanks for stopping by and best wishes for a fantastic school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment