Navigation Bar

Mrs. Baker's Dozen Image Map
















Friday, April 3, 2015

Five For Friday



It's' Five For Friday (post-spring break) and I still have my sanity!!  Go Meg go :)
This week was soooo busy!  Once again, I have too many fun activities planned and it ends up with my students having a blast and me stressing out...just a bit.  Here's what we did!


We studied a unit from my World Traveler Pack on the Rocky Mountains.  I whipped up some headlamps for the kids.  They loved them!  Especially those rowdy boys :)  We also made some quick pickaxes and golden nuggets.






I took some pea gravel from my house, spray painted it metallic gold, and TA DA!  Panning for gold was a blast!  They took home a bag apiece to fool their parents on April Fools.  Too funny!


Speaking of April Fools, I tricked my firsties with brownies (brown E's) and it was pretty cute!  They were psyched to get some dessert.  I can't blame them...


We celebrate Easter with Fry Phrase Easter eggs!  This was the first year I've done this, and it went so smoothly.  I cut out the Fry Phrases and gave one to each student.  Then I told them to find the egg that matches the Fry Phrase.  This was a challenge for a couple kiddos, but exciting for the rest.  It was a success!



Finally, my World Traveler pack is on sale through the weekend!  Grab it while it's hot :)  Happy Easter everyone!





3 comments:

  1. Love the pickaxes and "fools gold". Such great ideas! Enjoy your break!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun week Meg. Your world traveler pack looks like fun! The idea of the gold was great. I loved seeing all the brown E pictures on Instgram, that was a great April Fool's joke. How did your kiddos react? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun week Meg. Your world traveler pack looks like fun! The idea of the gold was great. I loved seeing all the brown E pictures on Instgram, that was a great April Fool's joke. How did your kiddos react? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete