Navigation Bar

Mrs. Baker's Dozen Image Map
















Friday, April 17, 2015

Five For Friday! Plus Baseball Week and IKEA finds



It's Five for Friday peeps!!  This week was exhausting with a capital E!  With four weeks left of school, I'm pretty sure everyday is going to be a whopper.





Wow, my first trip to IKEA was C.R.A.Z.Y!  That place is huge and I don't think I was fully prepared for the impact.  I tried to snap some pics of good classroom items for next year.  The turquoise art caddy is a must have in my ocean theme room, just perfect!  I was absolutely exhausted, but it was totally worth it. :)

I put this baby on TPT last week and made it a flash freebie, I love doing that!  I just feel all warm inside when I get to give things away for FREE!  I received some great feedback, so I'm feelin' the love!  Click here if you'd like to take a peek.  I am currently using this with my lowest reading group as their fluency passage of the week.  It's perfect for homework, too!

While I'm super jazzed about my students' academics right now, they are totally blowing me away!  I'm also bummed out from their rude and unfriendly behavior towards each other!  They are acting like brothers and sisters on a week long road trip trapped in an RV!  And tattling like no other, ugh.  So I whipped up a behavior system that focuses on those students who are friendly to everyone and deserve recognition.  Hopefully this will spread through the classroom.  Here's some pics of how I'm using it now.
Oh yeah, and it's FREE!  You can find it here.

We just finished Baseball Week and I have to say my boys in my class were enthralled!  Even when we created a baseball shape poem, they were all ears!



My Baseball Close Reading pack turned out to be a home run, baby!  I was so proud of my firsties when I tracked their fluency today.  They have come a long way!



Enjoy your weekend bloggy friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment