Navigation Bar

Mrs. Baker's Dozen Image Map
















Sunday, November 15, 2015

The First Thanksgiving + Digraph Voyage FREEBIE


It's amazing how Thanksgiving arrives and leaves so quickly every year.  I kinda feel like we don't give the poor holiday enough attention!  

Enter "The First Thanksgiving"...



I'm super pumped about using this unit for the upcoming week.  My plans are included in the unit, so it's easy peasy!  First, I will start with our first cold read (in the first picture), edit our reading (strategies included in the unit), and then focus on vocabulary (below).


I've included some great activities for stations/Daily 5.  I absolutely love my mini-reader, "Squanto's New Friends".


My firsties were having a rough time with certain digraphs, so I whipped up a Digraph Voyage game for some fun review.

Then I created some new Roll And Read pages.  Laminate these babies, throw in a die, and voila!  Instant Read to Someone station!


Add turkeys to any grammar game and it's totally fun, right? ;)



Anyone working on character traits in the classroom?  This is one of my favorite activities I've included in my Complete Core units.  Also comes with a worksheet to assess learning!



Now for the FUN PART!!  Actually, FUN & FREE PART!!

Click here for the Digraph Voyage game freebie!

If you are interested in the whole unit, feel free to read more about it at my TPT store.

Make sure you hug your loved ones tight and don't forget to give thanks to the One who created us all. :)  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment